Free of charge for optometry students
The Australian College of Optometry (ACO) invites all students of optometry courses in Australia and New Zealand to join as student members. Student membership is free of charge. It allows students to enjoy and experience some of the benefits of membership during their University studies.
What is the Australian College of Optometry?
The ACO is an independent, not for profit membership based organisation committed to preserving sight and preventing blindness.
We are dedicated to:
- Supporting the education and development of current and new generations of optometrists
- The advancement of eye and vision care through research and graduate education; and
- The care of communities experiencing disadvantage through the provision of comprehensive public health eye care services.
- Strengthen your networks and build relationships
- Grow your skills, knowledge and industry connections
- Enhance your career opportunities and invest in your future
- Develop your leadership potential and expertise
- Use specialist resources to support your studies through the Nathan Library
- Be recognised for student excellence via awards
Student membership entitles you to:
- Purchase lens flippers and Wratten filters at student member prices
- Attend the ACO Seminar Series (free of charge)
- Acess to the ACO Undergraduate Student Member Community - online learning materials, resources and student forum
- Access services and resources from the Nathan Library including borrowing trial lens sets, schematic eyes and cross cylinders
- Be invited to participate as a paid subject in clinical workshops
- Book ACO facilities for student meetings and agreed other purposes
- Receive our electronic newsletter inFocus and ACO eNews
- Purchase our ‘student only’ learning package, offering podcasts of webinars and seminars online ($50 per calendar year)
- Attend ACO continuing education events at discounted rates
- Receive notification of employment opportunities
ACO student online learning package
Become a student member
To join the ACO as a student member, just apply online.