Annual Awards - Nominations Open
Since 1954, the Australian College of Optometry has recognised outstanding achievements by those in the Optometry profession. It has presented awards to recognise the service of both members and non-members who are held in high esteem by colleagues and peers and who have contributed to the ACO and/or the optometry profession.
For the 2017 awards, the ACO invites its members to make recommendations for recipients of the ACO Honorary Life Membership Award and the ACO Member Award for Outstanding Service.
The criteria for each award is listed below:
ACO Honorary Life Membership Award
Awarded to those who:-
- Have provided distinguished and meritorious service, such as to the College or to the profession;
- Are held in high esteem for their work and contributions in and outside of the College;
- Have served the Council in a leadership position for a lengthy period;
- Have been instrumental in bringing about positive change in terms of the College’s achievements;
- Have been influential in the community, having earned the respect and recognition of their colleagues;
- Non-members who have made significant contribution to vision, health and/or research and earned the recognition of the members of the College
ACO Member Award for Outstanding Service
Exceptional contribution of an ACO member who is/has:
- Contributed actively to the governance of the ACO, either on a Committee and/or Council;
- Consistently and generously provided support, time and advice beyond the expectations of a Committee/Council;
- Always upheld and promoted the principles and practices of the College in a positive and beneficial light;
- Highly regarded by peers;
- Contributed for a lengthy period (10 years or more), generally continuous (except where the member’s service has been interrupted by working overseas for a set period).
- Recipients of the ACO Honorary Life Membership Award may be ACO members or non-members who have provided service to the ACO or the industry.
- Recipients of the ACO Member Award for Outstanding Service must be members of the Australian College of Optometry.
Before making your nomination, view the List of Previous Recipients of these Awards
How Do I Nominate Someone?
To nominate someone for one of these awards:-
- Complete the on-line nomination form. Go to your member login page, select Nominations and complete the on-line form.
You will need to complete your own details for our internal processes but if you’d like your nomination to remain anonymous, tick the box provided on the nomination form.
Nominations close 30 November 2017