The ACO is delighted to invite you to our 5th National Conference, held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne on 18 & 19 October. This conference will bring you:
- the right mix of quality professional development
- a varied program that explores optometry from many angles
- International and Australian speakers will deliver presentations and facilitate forums that will keep you engaged, challenged and entertained
- the opportunity to network with other delegates
- an outstanding venue where you can enjoy the luxury of taking your breaks outside at the “G”
- a small number of displays by our industry partners who will serve you with personalised quality consultations
- the ease of access to the venue and offer of free parking (subject to availability)
The ACO national conference will feature a series of highly educational and engaging presentations by some of world’s leading experts in optometry.
- Associate Professor Jamie Craig who has established the Australian and New Zealand Registry of Advanced Glaucoma (ANZRAG) – a repository of over 1300 cases of glaucoma-induced blindness and 1100 secondary glaucoma cases.
- Professor Robyn Guymer who is the head of the Macular Research Unit at the Centre for Eye Research (CERA) and is the lead investigator on the Bionic Eye Project.
- Dr Peter Hadden who is the tertiary referral specialist for all adult intraocular tumours in New Zealand (NZ).
- Professor Austin Roorda from the University of California who has pioneered applications of adaptive optics (AO) and has designed the first scanning laser opthalmoscope based on AO.
Download the full conference program
Download the full conference program and registration form
Experience a great destination and world class city! Choose from high-end cuisine to amazing coffee, plays, festivals and blockbuster sporting events, all taking place across a city full of parks, gardens and historic architecture.