ACO Continuing Professional Development Policy
Generally, ACO CPD events are open to optometrists, optometry students and other health professionals. Please refer below to information that applies to specific events.
Staff Support Courses
Registration is open to staff employed by ACO members, ACO staff and non members.
Seminar Series Lectures
Attendance at ACO Seminar Series lectures is free of charge for ACO members. Non members may attend the Seminar Series but must register in advance and pay $66 (this enables attendance at one or both lectures).
Clinical Workshops or Events Where There is Direct Examination of Subjects
- Must be a current registered optometrist in Australia or New Zealand, or a current OCANZ candidate with specific registration status. Registration number and name of registration body must be provided prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- Hold current professional indemnity insurance.
- Note: Satisfactory compliance with the above criteria must be met otherwise the ACO reserves the right to refuse registration of any person for a workshop/event.
Payment of Registration Fees
Fees for all CPD events must be paid, in full, at the time of registration.
Discount Policy for ACO Members Who Work Part-time
Full and Affiliate ACO members who are engaged in less than 10 hours of paid work per week are entitled to a discount of 50% of the registration fee for all ACO CPD. (Note: the number of enrolments who fall into this category may be capped).
Cancellation by Participant
- A refund, less $30 administration fee, is available if a cancellation is notified 5 working days prior to the event.
- Registrations are transferable by request.
- Additional cancellation fees may be applicable where accommodation or other packages, arranged on the behalf of a participant, are cancelled.
ACO CPD Event Cancellation, Postponement or Program Amendment
The ACO reserves the right to cancel, postpone or amend the program of a CPD event. Participants will be notified as soon as possible by telephone and/or email. Cancellations will attract a full refund of fees. The ACO will not be liable for any expenses that participants may have incurred as a result of a postponement or cancellation (e.g. travel, accommodation).
Use of course/ learning materials
The copyright in materials attached is owned by the Australian College of Optometry and should only be used by ACO members for the purposes of their research or study provided the use is fair. Should a member wish to copy any of the material for presentation or publication, written permission from the College must be obtained. Enquire by writing to Manager, Professional Development, Australian College of Optometry, Cnr Keppel and Cardigan Streets, Carlton 3053.