Australian College of Optometry Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics (ACO-COT)
Under the guidance of an outstanding team, the ACO is pleased to offer a therapeutics course accredited by the Optometry Council of Australia and New Zealand (OCANZ) and approved by the Optometry Board of Australia (OBA). Successful completion of the ACO Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics (ACO-COT) will enable scheduled medicines endorsement for registered optometrists in Australia and New Zealand.
"On a daily basis, I felt that the course made me more enthusiastic about work and meant I thought more closely about what I did. I feel it has made me a better Optometrist."
Features of the Certificate
- Flexible delivery comprising online lectures
- Live, interactive webinars
- Self paced independent learning
- e-learning materials
- Local clinical placements within Australia and/or New Zealand
- High level of support provided by the ACO
- Online forums and networking opportunities
- A range of topics including general principles of disease and ocular diseases and therapeutic management
- Presented by an expert team from universities and clinical practices across Australia and New Zealand
- Ideal for rural or remote optometrists and those balancing work and family commitments
- 80 CPD points upon successful completion of the Certificate
- Cost effective
Course Commencement Date
The 2017 COT Course will commence in early 2017. If you are interested in studying the COT register your details on the expression of interest list to be informed when applications open.
Course Information Booklet and Application Form
For general information on the study schedule, course outline and enrolment requirements please download the 2016 Course Information Booklet and Application Form
Read an Interview with John Adam (a NZ candidate from the second ACO-COT in 2014), for an insight into his thoughts on the benefits of this online course and the flexility with which one can manage the course together with work and family demands or read some testimonials.
Fee Schedule 2016 Rates
|Course Fees (Includes GST)||ACO Members||Non Members|
|Paid in full: total fee paid at enrolment||$8,346||$8,766|
|Paid by instalments:||$8,596||$9,028|
|Instalment 1: at enrolment||$5,975||$6,275|
|Instalment 2: six weeks before commencement date||$2,621||$2,753|
|If you're not ready to apply yet, have questions or would like to receive further
information/record your interest in future courses, please express your interest here.
"I found the content of the course to be excellent and
Richard Newson, 2014 intake.